Five title updates have already been released for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in an effort to address continual problems with the game’s multiplayer. Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward pointed out that MW3 is going to be getting patch 1.06 or title update #6.
Bear in mind, patches need to go through Sony and Microsoft’s certification processes for download on your console. Meanwhile “HotFixes” may be released at any moment with no need to be downloaded.
On the list of improvements which are in the works for a “Hot Fix” update are fixes which would eliminate several glitches like the infinite laptop killstreak and suffering no recoil, in addition to some exploits that enabled gamers to get beyond certain multiplayer maps limits.
There’s currently no launch date for the “HotFixes” or Title Update 6, but we may expect them to be released before year end.
List of past MW3 patches:
- Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day
- Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements
- Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system
- Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay
- Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay
Update #6 currently in Development:
#6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat Loss.
Hot Fix Updates:
- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
Hot Fixes after Patch #6:
- Weapon Rebalancing (Dual FMG-9, Type-95, CM-901 Attachments)
- Hitmarker Sound on Ps3
- Reticle fix for certain weapons
- Updates to the Spawn system
- Further “lag compensation” or “host advantage / disadvantage” updates plus ability for on-going hot fixes based on feedback
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play
- Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only
Exactly what would you like to see patched in MW3? Let us know in the comment section ….