Launching today was the very first official trailer for the approaching Modern Warfare 3's new Spec Ops mode. In MW3's Spec Ops Survival Mode you are going to fight off waves of progressively harder enemies while you earn XP and get to unlock different kinds of armories to help expand your arsenal and load out customizations on the way. You’ll be rewarding these new upgrades and missions as you gain XP and raise your level through the entire survival encounter.
You’ll will also get the chance to complete specific survival mode challenges together with a complete learderboard ranking system where you could create a competition with your friends for the first spot.
The trailer goes well past getting us fired up, it really unveils numerous important multiplayer features. The official unveil of MW3 mulitplayer will be at Call of Duty Xp event.
Spec Ops Survival mode details:
- You are going to be combating forces on the ground… along with forces above, like helicopters.
- You will begin out Surviva model with a certain amount of armor together with your base health.
- Extreme Conditioning, Steady Aim, and SitRep all confirmed as perks for Survival
- The “USAS 12? is confirmed
- You can share money with your teammate at the armory
- Predator missiles are confirmed at least for Spec Ops
- Riot Shields are back
- You can call in squads of soldiers to help you
- You can throw support markers that can be used as targets for friendly AC-130s
- The explosives on the dogs are still active when they die.
- There will be some kind of chemical gas or weapon that can be used against you
- The mini-maps/radars are much more in depth with color and map features.
- Killstreaks can be cycled through.
- The FMG9 is a foldable gun, and may be a secondary
- The player seems to use a weapon that is a cross between a C4 and a Bouncing Betty
- The new Killstreak system would seem to work through points rather than just kills. This signifies that assists, captures, plants, and defuses may go into generating a killstreak. This may be the most crucial thing shown
- At 14 points, the player can get the Juggernaut killstreak. It appears that you can call in one of the Juggernauts featured in Spec Ops to do some dirty work for you on the battlefield
- You might be able to gain killstreaks multiple times in a life, as the killstreak bar resets in the video once the player earns the Juggernaut.
The trailer definitely gives us a lot to look forward to, and hopefully they release more trailers such as this but very unlikely before Call of Duty: XP at the beginning of September.