Infinity Ward has launched patch 1.08, title update #8, on the Playstation 3 for Modern Warfare 3. You’ll be asked to download the patch, once you log in to the multiplayer part of the game. The patch was initially released for Xbox 360, and has been delayed for Playstation 3 users since there were extra updates included.
Robert Bowling, creative strategist at Infinity Ward has additionally confirmed that there is still spawn issues with the game for all platforms, and they're looking into it. Recently they have released a “hotfix” to fix the MW3 spawn problems, which unfortunately did not fix the problem entirely.
Please find below all improvements included in patch 1.08:
- Improvement to Mic Quality (PS3 specific)
- HD Video Uploads (PS3 specific)
- Networking enhancements
- Theater improvements and fixes
- Further improvements to “Host Disadvantage” / “Lag Comp”
- Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k
- Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate by 50%)
- Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns)
- Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging
- Fix stat bug that retains “games played” stat across prestiges