The rumors around Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are just everywhere. The latest big buzz on the web was “team perks” that a team can work toward to earn. However this rumor was just shut down by Robert Bowling, Creative Strategist at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. He tweeted “ I gave direct confirmation that SP isn't a perk in any form, denied Team Perks, and that all other MP is unknown due to not done”
This is a list of rumored perks circulating on the net:
- Blind Eye: This makes you immune to computer-controlled and player-controlled killstreaks. The pro version makes your launchers lock on faster and gives you extra bullet damage to vehicles.
- Assassin: This makes you immune to UAV, thermal, and heartbeat sensors. The pro version also makes you immune to CUAV, EMP and no longer shows your name in red or the crosshair in red when you’re targeted.
- Point Guard: Every two assists count as a kill towards your killstreak (I personally really like this one as in-game feature rather than a perk).
- Dead Silence: You make no noise.
- Recon: special kind of radar to spot enemies.
However Robert had tweeted regarding this list the following:
“in fact, we haven't announced any perks in Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, but feedback is wanted. #MW3”
There is also a list of killstreaks with of course none of them confirmed yet by the Call of Duty franchise:
- EMP Grenade: Temporarily takes out all area electronics.
- Littlebird: A small-manned helicopter that can be used to gun down enemies.
- Precision Airstrike: Calls in an airstrike on a targeted area.
- Stealth bomber: Calls in a B2 Spirit to carpet bomb along a line designated by the player.
- Remote Turret: A remote controlled turret.
- Directional UAV: A UAV that can be directed into areas to scan for enemies.
- Remote Mortar: Direct a mortar team using a zoom able camera view of the map to call in strikes.
- Airdrop Trap: A booby-trapped airdrop.
- Ammo Resupply: An ammo reloading airdrop.
- Escort Airdrop: A protected airdrop.
- Specialist Strike Package: Unknown
I guess will just have to wait for confirmation on these killstearks but I do admit that “littlebird” sounds great. I sure hope it’s not just another rumor.
So what do we know for sure about MW3 Multiplayer?
- The game's multiplayer will be divided into cooperative Special Ops maps and traditional multiplayer maps. There will be no zombie modes in this game.
- Special Ops will include both a survival, horde-like mode and a mission mode, with a total of a dozen maps and missions to choose from between the two.
- There are about 20 Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer maps.
- Key to the multiplayer experience is the ability for players to level up their characters and unlock perks to modify the effectiveness of their equipment, character and enemy equipment. The multiplayer matches also include killstreaks, which are special one-time rewards that are unlocked after a player kills other players a set number of times without dying.
- There will be NO
- Stopping power
- One Man Army
We are all waiting anxiously for details of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer. We will update callofduty-8-modernwarfare-3 as soon as any details emerge from E3 expo next week. You can also check out our “what we know about Modern Warfare 3 from the only official source” where we update all the latest info on MW3 from Robert Bowling.