Activision has presented its Modern Warfare 3 DLC agenda for the following nine months consisting of 12 multiplayer maps, 6 Spec Ops missions, and 2 new game modes.
The very first pieces of new content, the Piazza and Liberation multiplayer maps, released for Xbox 360 Elite subscribers last week.
The schedule is directed at those signed up to Call of Duty Elite premium service, specifically on the Xbox 360 platform. A DLC content collection that brings together "content drops" from January to March should appear in the coming months for non Elite players.
The 2012 DLC content calendar, at least for Xbox 360 Elite subscribers:
- January: Two new maps (Liberation and Piazza)
- February: New multiplayer map
- March: New multiplayer map, two new Spec Ops missions
- April: Two new multiplayer maps
- May: New multiplayer map, new Spec Ops mission
- June: New multiplayer map, new Spec Ops mission, new game mode
- July: Two new multiplayer maps
- August: New multiplayer map, new Spec Ops mission, new game mode
- September: New multiplayer map, new Spec Ops mission
Even though many PS3 players also are signed up to the Elite premium service, as of now there has been no official word on when they will get their first DLC. Microsoft and Activision agreed upon an agreement in 2010, that offered all Call of Duty DLC timed exclusivity on the Xbox 360 platform, and this agreement continues to be in effect.